Welcome to Centennial, Colorado—a city where the aroma of coffee mingles with crisp mountain air to create an irresistible appeal. Not only is Centennial known for its landscapes, but it also boasts a good coffee culture. The city's coffee scene has evolved over the years, morphing from the traditional quick cup of joe to an impressive array of coffee shops, each offering unique brews and experiences. If you're seeking a great spot for a coffee date, business meeting, or just an afternoon treat, look no further. Among the numerous coffee shops that have made their mark in the city, Smoky Hill Library Cafe, and IT'S COFFEE stand out due to their distinctive offerings and inviting atmospheres.
How We Selected These Coffee Shops
- Quality of their coffee: We prioritized coffee shops that prioritize their coffee. This involves the use of high-quality beans, skilled baristas, and brewing methods.
- Online customer reviews: Customer satisfaction is a great measure of a coffee shop's overall quality. We looked at online reviews to get an insight into customer experiences and the quality of service provided.
- Online customer ratings: Similar to reviews, online ratings provide an indication of overall satisfaction with the service and products offered by each coffee shop.
- Environment of the space: Finally, we considered the ambiance of each coffee shop. Whether it's a cozy corner for solo coffee sippers or a large, lively space for group meetups, the environment can greatly enhance your coffee experience.
Smoky Hill Library Cafe (Arapahoe Libraries)5430 S Biscay Cir, Centennial, CO 80015
- Monday to Thursday: 9 AM to 6 PM
- Friday to Saturday: 9 AM to 4 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Smoky Hill Library Cafe is not just a typical library cafe. Offering more than just a satisfying caffeine fix, it's a tranquil spot to unwind with a heavenly cup of joe and a good book. Their coffee menu is not to be overlooked, with an array of tempting options that cater to different palates.
In August and September, they feature delightful specials like the bonfire-inspired S'more and the Butterscotch Bliss Butterbrew. These can be enjoyed as a latte, steamer, or even frost for those who enjoy a chilled beverage.
- Monday to Friday: 6:30 AM to 3 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM to 3 PM
- Sunday: Closed
It's Coffee Cafe in Centennial, Colorado is a family-run coffee shop that prides itself in carrying forward a rich tradition of coffee making over the generations. In 2020, It's Coffee Cafe opened its doors to the community, offering an array of great coffee made from favorite beans selected carefully for the perfect roast and grind. Fresh, organic, and fair-trade coffee sourced locally and roasted in Centennial stands to be their commitment towards quality. The family often indulges in a healthy start of the day by enjoying a cup of freshly brewed coffee together in the morning and is excited to share this delightful experience with you. If you're passionate about coffee and also looking for a job opportunity, they are currently hiring baristas. The team at It's Coffee Cafe invites you to be a part of their extended coffee-loving family.
The O.Coffee Company6902 S Vine St, Centennial, CO 80122
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday to Saturday: 9 AM to 4 PM
- Sunday: 10 AM to 2 PM
The O. Coffee Company is a small, cozy spot serving Kaladi Brothers Coffee - renowned for its quality blends. Situated on the Streets of Southglenn and flaunting a 5-star rating, this quaint coffee shop offers outdoor seating to enjoy a refreshing coffee in the open. The O. Coffee Company has garnered many regular patrons and one-off visitors alike. Well-known for their careful attention to each brew, the place is the perfect haven for coffee lovers. Ideal for a study break or a casual meet-up, The O. Coffee Company delivers a laid-back yet flavorful coffee experience.
303 Coffee Company8283 S Akron St #170, Centennial, CO 80112
- Monday to Friday: 6 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday: 7 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday: 7:30 AM to 5 PM
Located in Centennial near Park Meadows mall and next to Jo Ann Fabrics, 303 Coffee Co. offers hand-crafted drinks and a tasty range of foods, like breakfast burritos and gluten-free options. They proudly brew local Coda Coffee and have various beans, including eco-friendly choices. Their unique Bear drinks, crafted with cold-brewed espresso and vanilla, are a special treat.
WFM Coffee & Juice Bar6853 S York St Ste 119, Centennial, CO 80122
- Monday to Sunday: 7 AM to 5 PM
Stop by the SouthGlenn Whole Foods Market for its thriving Coffee & Juice Bar, an integral part of its in-store offerings. This full-service coffee shop serves a satisfying blend of coffee, freshly-picked smoothies, and refreshing juices. Shop around while enjoying your favorite brew, or sit down with a good book and immerse yourself in the relaxing coffeehouse environment.
Centennial: A Brief Historical Overview
Centennial is steeped in history, with its roots dating back to the 1860s. Its modern-day charm is a testament to its rich past, with historical landmarks peppering the city. Some of these historical facts include:
- Centennial was incorporated on February 7, 2001, and it's one of the newest cities in Colorado.
- It's located in the South Metro Denver Area and boasts a population of over 100,000.
- The city derives its name from Colorado's nickname, "The Centennial State," as it became a state in the centennial year of the United States Declaration of Independence.
Top Neighborhoods for Coffee Enthusiasts in Centennial
Centennial is brimming with neighborhoods that are hotspots for coffee lovers. These are areas that are known not just for their excellent coffee but also for their vibrant atmosphere that enhances the coffee drinking experience. These include:
- The Streets at SouthGlenn: Known for its chic coffee shops, it's an excellent place to meet for a cup.
- Willow Creek: Home to several quaint coffee shops ideal for catching up with friends.
- Foxfield: Renowned for its cozy cafes, perfect for a quiet coffee alone or a casual business meeting.
Wrapping Up: Centennial's Coffee Culture
Centennial's coffee scene is as rich as its history. The city’s coffee shops not only offer a wide variety of coffee but also capture the spirit of Centennial, combining a sense of community with a love for quality coffee. Whether you're a resident or a visitor, these coffee shops are a must-visit. They provide an opportunity to savor delicious coffee while soaking in Centennial's charming ambiance.
So, come, explore these coffee shops, and let Centennial's coffee culture amaze you. Who knows, you might just find your new favorite spot for a cup of joe.