I'm a mom of two boys and a freelance writer who loves to travel and spend time at the beach. When I'm not chasing after my kids or working on my next writing project, you can usually find me sipping on a delicious cup of coffee while reading a book. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting coffee shops, whenever I am exploring a new town or city.
Our Top Pick
I am very particular about my coffee; if you have read this far, you also care about what you consume. The Secura French Press Coffee Maker is my ultimate plastic-free coffee maker because I love how it gives delicious coffee thanks to the three-layer filtration system that ensures I get my coffee with all its goodies! What’s your best plastic-free coffee maker? Let us know in the comments below!
The Chemex Pour-Over Glass Coffee Maker is a classic and beautiful pour-over coffee maker made of non-porous borosilicate glass. Chemex paper filters that eliminate impurities or bitterness are designed to make smooth and flavorful coffee. This plastic-free coffee maker has a patented design to ensure your coffee doesn’t lose its flavor even when refrigerating and reheating it.
- The Chemex is a plastic-free and eco-friendly option.
- It is easy to use
- It is elegant
- Offers easy storage
- The borosilicate glass ensures there is no chemical taste to your coffee
- It is fragile
- Coffee takes longer to brew a pot (about 15 minutes)
The Hario V60 Ceramic Pour Over is an excellent plastic-free and eco-friendly coffee maker. This stylish and elegant pour-over coffee maker has spiral ridges allowing deeper layering of the coffee grounds to enjoy a truly traditional Japanese coffee.
The Hario V60 coffee maker is handmade by local Japanese craftspersons who know to pay attention to every intricate detail to ensure you get the highest quality, evenly brewed coffee every time.
- Plastic-free and eco-friendly option
- Ceramic construction provides ensures you get non-contaminated coffee all the time
- The cone shape and spiral ridges allow for a rich and full-bodied flavor
- Handmade by local craftspersons in Japan, ensuring high quality
- Made from Arita-yaki ceramics technology with a rich 400-year history
- Ceramic construction may be fragile and require careful handling
- Only makes one to two cups of coffee at a time
Secura French Press Coffee Maker is a non-plastic coffee maker that makes excellent coffee. It features 310 food-grade rated stainless steel filters and rust-free plunger components. Its stainless steel plunger ensures all the excellent coffee oils go into your cup while the grounds stay so you can enjoy a thicker, fuller, and more delicious cup of joe.
If you love coffee in its purest form, consider this since the three-layer filtration system in this coffee maker ensures you have no grounds in your coffee!
- It is easy to use
- It is easy to clean
- Makes delicious coffee every time
- It is non-plastic
- Excellent knob and handle for safe pouring
- Made from stainless-free material
- Keeps coffee warm
- It won’t keep your coffee hot for longer
The Bean Envy Pour Over Coffee Maker is made of borosilicate glass, ensuring odors or chemical residues are not absorbed. It also has a patented silicone sleeve at the bottom to minimize the risk of falling.
The Bean Envy coffee maker is designed to make pour-over coffee quickly and easily. It comes with a reusable stainless steel filter that eliminates the need for paper filters that only absorb your coffee’s goodness.
- It is easy to use and clean
- Produces richer, bolder flavors
- It is Plastic free
- Perfect for both hot and cold brew coffee
- Easy to clean
- The glass carafe is fragile
The Diguo Belgian Family Balance Siphon Coffee Maker is a unique coffee maker that will raise eyebrows when you get visitors to your home. It also makes coffee using a unique brewing method, which is flavorful with a clean taste! This coffee maker has gained popularity among coffee enthusiasts because it is a sophisticated plastic-free coffee maker.
The Diguo Belgian coffee maker is non-plastic that uses a vacuum flask and a siphon pipette to brew coffee, creating a smooth and pure taste without bitterness. It also contains ridged fulcrum, a decorative holed balance level, and a wooden board base.
- It uses a cloth filter, which is safe for the environment
- You can still make coffee even when there is no electrical power
- The wooden base makes this coffee maker unique and sturdy
- Stainless steel material is used instead of plastic
- It is Semi-automatic
- Great for those who appreciate the victorian aesthetic
- It makes only two cups at a time, making it time-consuming if you are making it for many people.
- You will need to purchase denatured alcohol or spirit separately.
How to Choose the Best Plastic-Free Coffee Maker
To choose the best non-plastic coffee maker, scrutinize each component to ensure no plastic is used. Some coffee makers that claim to be plastic-free may still contain plastic materials in their composition, albeit used in small areas of the coffee maker.
The three types of non-plastic coffee makers in the market include:
- Stainless-free coffee makers
- Glass coffee makers
- Ceramic coffee makers
When choosing plastic-free coffee makers, you should also consider how easy it is to clean after making your espresso. You should also consider ease of use and cleaning. As you have seen from our pick of pest non-plastic coffee makers, you can see that all the coffee makers are stylish. Look at what will look good on your kitchen counter and its durability. Once you consider these few valuable pointers, you will enjoy your coffee guilt-free!