Godspower is a graduate student of architecture. He's also a freelance content writer who loves coffee. His favorite method of brewing coffee is the French Press. When he's not writing, he's either working on a design, taking some time off or gaming.
Our Top Picks For Best Edible Coffee Cups
After carefully reviewing edible coffee cups, here are some of the best you’d find in the market.
- Biodegradable: Cupffee is made from natural and biodegradable materials such as wheat bran, making it an eco-friendly alternative to traditional disposable cups.
- No waste: Cupffee is edible and can be consumed after use, eliminating the need for waste disposal.
- Unique experience: Cupffee provides a unique experience for customers who can enjoy a snack and a drink at the same time.
- Affordable: Cupffee is relatively affordable compared to other sustainable alternatives.
- Easy to use: Cupffee can be used like a regular cup and does not require any special handling or equipment.
- Limited availability: Cupffee is not widely available in many countries and may only be found in certain regions.
- Storage: Cupffee needs to be stored in a cool and dry place, which may not be convenient for some users.
Overall, Cupffee offers a unique and sustainable alternative to traditional disposable cups. While there are some drawbacks, such as limited availability and fragile structure, the biodegradable nature of Cupffee makes it an attractive option for eco-conscious consumers.
- Sustainable products: Good EDI focuses on offering sustainable and eco-friendly products, which can help reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Ethical sourcing: Good EDI ensures that their products are ethically sourced, which means that they support fair labor practices and human rights.
- Transparent and informative: The company provides information about the materials used in their products and their environmental impact, allowing customers to make informed purchasing decisions.
- Commitment to giving back: Good EDI donates a portion of their profits to environmental and social causes.
- Higher prices: Good EDI's sustainable and eco-friendly products may come at a higher price point than conventional products.
- Shipping costs: Shipping costs may be a concern for some customers, especially if they are located outside of the company's shipping zones.
Overall, Good EDI offers a convenient and sustainable option for those looking to reduce their environmental impact. While there may be some drawbacks such as limited selection and higher prices, the company's commitment to sustainability and ethical sourcing makes it a worthy option for conscious consumers.
Ecobunny Edible Cookie Cup
Most people prefer a hot cup of coffee, and if you’re one of them, Ecobunny Edible Cookie Cup is one of the best options for heat-resistant edible coffee cups. It can hold hot coffee of up to 85°C, it contains ten units of 110ml cups that are GMO, preservative, vegan, and artificial sweetener free. This edible coffee cup is made from 100& natural ingredients, and if you’re cautious of your calorie intake, it contains only 56 kcal per/unit.
Perfect as a nice gift for coffee lovers or guests, Ecobunny Edible Cookie Cup doesn't have coatings or glazing and won't change the taste of your coffee. However, it's pretty fragile and can break easily if not properly handled.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Holds hot coffee of up to 85°C
- Vegan, GMO-free, and zero preservatives
- Low-calorie level
- Bland taste
- Most customers complain about the product breaking easily.
Waffleshot Edible Coffee Cups
If you’re a fan of waffles, then this might be your best choice. Made from waffle cones and coated with Belgian chocolate, Waffleshot Edible Coffee Cups is best enjoyed with hot beverages inside. It contains an extra layer of chocolate at the cup's bottom. This edible coffee is perfect for those who love a shot of espresso coffee.
Waffleshot Edible Coffee Cups is made from natural ingredients like cocoa butter, cocoa mass, sugar, skimmed milk powder, salt, and natural vanilla. Each cup contains about 120 calories and zero cholesterol. You may want to look elsewhere though, if you don’t fancy nuts, as this cup contains some traces of it.
- Made from waffles
- Natural ingredients
- Great for an espresso shot
- Zero cholesterol
- Contains traces of nuts
What Are Edible Coffee Cups Made Of?
Edible cups are usually made using oats and grains, and they’re 100% vegan and are a good vitamin B and fiber source. Contrary to what most people think, edible cups do not affect the taste of coffee. They are made from high-quality natural ingredients, making them nutritious and tasty.
Other ingredients include coconut oil, sugar, salt, and a bran blend of wheat, rye, and oats. The cups usually contain zero preservatives and artificial flavor, making them 100% good for you.
How To Make Edible Coffee Cup?
Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker
The Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker is a versatile and convenient kitchen appliance that allows you to create delicious waffle bowls in minutes. While the waffle bowls can hold a variety of ingredients, they are not designed to hold hot liquids like coffee. But! If you wanted to serve iced coffee in it, you can simply cover the inside of the waffle with melted chocolate (of your choice) and then freezing the bowl. Once the inside chocolate has frozen, the waffle cups can be used with iced lattes for a fun summer edible drink!
- Easy to use: Simply pour in the batter, close the lid, and wait for the waffle to cook.
- Versatile: The waffle bowls can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory ingredients, making them perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dessert.
- Non-stick surface: The non-stick coating makes it easy to remove the waffle bowls without them sticking to the surface.
- Compact design: The compact size makes it easy to store in a small kitchen.
- Limited capacity: The Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker can only make one waffle bowl at a time
- Short cord: The cord is relatively short, which may make it difficult to use in some kitchens.
Advantages Of Edible Coffee Cups
One of the most notable advantages of edible coffee cups is, unlike traditional cups, it’s a more eco-friendly option as it doesn’t constitute waste to the environment. Edible coffee cups are also very easy to use — you can consume them. They last for up to 8 hours and won't leak or break down easily. They can last up for hours with hot coffee inside.
However, since they're mostly made from grains and oats, you need to follow the recommended storage instructions to ensure they last. They come in customized and unique branded packaging, so once you take them out, ensure you store them in a cool and dry place.
Limitations of Edible Coffee Cups
While edible coffee cups are still relatively new to the coffee industry and a perfect solution to waste issues, they still have some drawbacks that are worth mentioning. The primary concern for edible coffee cups is the strength of their barrier properties and ability to resist heat.
For example, edible cups made from biscuit dough, grains, or oats have a porous structure and may attract dust and become bad for consumption. It could also go stale when wrongly packaged. Another limitation is that they’re unsuitable for transport and storage because they’re mostly very fragile and have a short shelf life.
Sustainable Cups: More Options
Sustainable coffee cups are a way to reduce waste and promote environmentally friendly practices. Many coffee shops are now offering reusable cups made from materials like wheat straw, bamboo, or stainless steel. There is also the option of compostable cups. We can also, as consumers, reduce waste by bringing our own reusable cups. These small changes can make a big impact on reducing the amount of disposable cups that end up in landfills and oceans.
Edible coffee cups are considered the future due to their consumable nature and inability to create waste unlike the regular plastic cups. If you're looking to try out something new, spice up your coffee drink, or even be a part of the growing community of people supporting eco-friendly living, then you should definitely try out any edible coffee cups from our list.