What is a Hickory Table?
A hickory table is made from wood from the hickory tree. The tree is dense, durable, and has distinct grain patterns that can be quite pronounced. If you are looking for a coffee table that will be part of your family for decades or lifetimes without losing its appeal, get one made from hickory wood!
Advantages of Using Hickory Wood for Furniture
Here are some of the advantages of using hickory wood for furniture:
- Durable. Hickory wood can withstand heavy use and resist wear and tear. Furniture made from hickory is less likely to warp, crack, or break, making it a long-lasting investment.
- Strength. Hickory is one of the hardest and strongest hardwoods available, making it highly resistant to impact and pressure. This makes hickory furniture suitable for households or commercial settings where furniture is subjected to heavy use.
- Appealing. Hickory wood has a distinct and appealing grain pattern with varying colors, such as light to medium brown tones and darker streaks. It also has unique grain patterns and swirls, giving hickory furniture a natural, rustic charm.
- Resistant to Wear and Tear. Hickory wood is highly resistant to dents, scratches, and abrasions, ensuring the furniture maintains its appearance for longer.
- Sustainable. Hickory is a relatively fast-growing tree species, making it a more sustainable option than slower-growing hardwoods.
You want a hickory coffee table, but you aren’t sure if it will fit your decor. Well, the truth is it will fit no matter your style.
The key to creating a cohesive and balanced look with your hickory furniture coffee tables is ensuring it reflects your style and decor. Here are some simple ways to pair your hickory coffee table:
- Rustic theme
- Create contrast
- Mix textures
Creating a harmonious balance
Are you going for a rustic theme? Hickory has a natural and rustic appeal, making it a great choice for a rustic or cabin-inspired theme. You can pair your hickory coffee table with a reclaimed wood entertainment center, log-style seating, or rustic sofas and couches.
Use earthy colors and textures in your decor, such as warm-toned rugs, cozy blankets, and nature-inspired artwork, to give your home that warm and cozy look.
Another sure way to make your hickory coffee table stand out is by creating contrast. If your coffee table has a darker finish, contrast it with lighter-toned furniture, sofas, chairs, and area rugs. Consider incorporating lighter neutral shades like cream, beige, or light gray in your overall color scheme.
Different textures add visual interest to your space, and you can do this by combining different textures to create a visually inviting space. An accent pillow, faux fur, and an upholstered sofa.
Add Metal Accents
Incorporating metal accents into your living room is another way to balance the rustic look of the hickory coffee table. Metal-framed chairs, side tables, and lamps can give your living room a touch of contemporary style.
The natural beauty of hickory wood is highlighted in the coffee tables highlighted above. Each coffee table features unique grain patterns, knots, and color variations, creating a visually appealing piece so that you can enjoy your cup of joe while taking in your intricate piece. And as you sip your coffee sustainably and use sustainable coffee tables, you will be doing your part in conserving the environment.