An elegant table made from travertine will provide a sense of grounding. We feel calm and peaceful when we are surrounded by natural elements. With a variety of colours and textures to choose from, this stone is a versatile and attractive choice for your coffee table. A little weathering may even enhance the appearance of the material, making it an attractive and durable choice. It is possible to show the natural pitting of the stone or choose a more polished finish.
This Travertine stone coffee table is made to order. Custom size and color can be done. Please contact me with your specifications and shipping cost before placing an order.
- Handmade & ready to order
- A nice looking table
- 60+ days to receive
- Most reviews are for different products
This Natural Stone Travertine Decorative Stand Set is handcrafted from organic travertine. Excellent addition to any contemporary home or office. Featuring carefully selected travertine stone and meticulous workmanship, this ornament will be an indispensable part of your home or office. Place a candle or book, or nothing at all, and let the piece speak for itself.
- Handcrafted travertine
- Natural stone
- It's a unique design
- Stands out from other tables
- Might be a bit small for practical use
The natural marble nightstand, side table, end table, and coffee table are a wonderful addition to any home or office. It would be great in a living room, waiting room, or sitting area. There are green veins at the base of the table. This is an incredibly beautiful piece.
- Clean design
- Pure stone
- Minimal design
- Custom options
- Pricey for a side table
A beautiful travertine coffee table featuring a travertine column as the base and a unique geometric-shaped top.
- Handmade marble
- Geometric shape
- Exceptional one-off piece of furniture that will stand out in your living room
- Amazing craftsmanship
Imported from Italy, this Travertine Stone table has warm tones of beige and neutral tones throughout. There are nesting pieces as well as standalone statement pieces. Two and three-piece table configurations are available.
- Tones of beige
- Nesting tables
- Simple, clean design will work well with your furniture
- The material looks strong and sturdy
Travertino Romano Marble coffee table, made with 2cm thickness slab. Possible to be customized to your desire.
- 2cm Thick slab
- Italian marble
- A stunning centerpiece for your living room, this table is 2cm thick Italian marble
- Unique and natural beauty
- Ample surface space for favorite items
- Neutral color palette
This travertine cube table side table end table is 45 cm (17.7") high, 39 cm (15.3") wide, and is made from real travertine. It is handmade and comes with free shipping.
- 45 cm (17.7") height
- 39 cm (15.3") x 39 cm (15.3") width
- Real travertine
- Free shipping
- Real travertine
- Free shipping
Travertine Side table is the perfect addition to a living room or bedroom. Use the table to display your favorite vase or book. The product will ship as soon as the production phase is complete. In the case of present damages upon arrival, contact us immediately.
- Height: 24 inches (H)
- Length: 16 inches (L)
- Width: 16 inches (W)
- Unique stone color
- Perfect addition to any room
- Differences in stone color
This Travertine Cube Coffee Table is made with real travertine marble and handmade for a unique look. It measures 35x35cm and is 60cm wide. Different designs are available to fit any home or office. Shipping to international destinations does not include taxes, tariffs, or other customs fees.
- 60cm wide
- 23.6' height
- Real travertine marble
- Different designs
- Shipping does not include taxes, tariffs, or customs fees
This vintage square travertine coffee table features four legs and beautiful natural travertine stone. It's in good condition and dates from the 1970s in Italy.
- Height: 32cm/12.59"
- Width: 100cm/39.37"
- Depth: 100cm/39.37"
- Beautiful natural travertine stone
- Good condition
- Unique vein pattern and tone
- Easy to install
This High Travertine Coffee Table is a custom order table made from Travertine and Marble materials. It is hand carved to perfection and is the perfect addition to any room.
- 45” Diameter x 30” High
- Travertine & Marble materials
- Hand Carved
- Customizable to fit any room
- Made from high quality Travertine & Marble
- Beautifully hand carved
- Price is expensive
- Size may be too large for some rooms
Our Coffee Table is Handcrafted natural stone of travertine. The rounded smooth edges offer a sense of fluidity whilst the table top effortlessly rests on the three solid legs. It is finished with a honed finish and is available in New York and New Jersey with special white glove delivery.
- Material: Travertine
- Dimensions: 45x30x15”
- Solid stone construction
- Rounded smooth edges
- White glove delivery available
- Shipping fee not included
This vintage 80s coffee table is made of travertine stone and has a bullnose edge. It is in two pieces, base and top, and is in great condition. The travertine holes have been filled. Shipping is not free and local pickup is available in Palm Desert, CA.
- Length: 39 1/4"
- Width: 39 1/4"
- Height: 15"
- Materials: Travertine Stone
- Solid and heavy
- Natural/cream color
- Great condition
- Shipping is not free
This vintage Artedi Travertine and Glass with Brass Bar Square Coffee Table is in great vintage condition, given its age. The glass top has a few light scratches, but no chips or cracks in the glass or the base. Natural wear and tear due to age. It has a natural travertine stone color with shades of cream.
- Measurements: Width: 28 3/4", Depth: 28 3/4", Height: 16 3/4".
- In great vintage condition
- No chips or cracks in the glass or the base
- Natural travertine stone color with shades of cream
- Glass top has a few light scratches
- Shipping is not free
Vintage Artedi Round Travertine & Glass Dining Table. Color: Natural Travertine Stone. In great vintage condition, given its age. The glass top has some light scratches and the metal bar has a little discoloration due to age. Measurements: Length: 48", Width: 48", Height: 28 1/2". Shipping is NOT free and local pickup is available in Palm Springs, CA.
- Length: 48"
- Width: 48"
- Height: 28 1/2"
- Base Measurement: Length: 25 1/2", Width: 26", Height: 28"
- In great vintage condition
- The glass top has some light scratches
- The metal bar has a little discoloration due to age
- Free Local Pickup in Palm Desert, CA 92211
- Shipping is NOT free
- All Sales Are Final
What is travertine?
Travertine is a type of natural stone that belongs to the limestone family. It is formed through the precipitation of minerals from groundwater, typically in areas with natural springs and caves. Over time, the minerals build up and solidify to create travertine deposits.
Travertine is characterized by its distinctive appearance and texture. It has a porous structure with many small holes and pits, known as vesicles, caused by gas bubbles that were trapped during the stone's formation. These holes can be filled or left unfilled, depending on the desired aesthetic and functional properties of the travertine.
In terms of color, travertine is available in various shades, ranging from creamy whites and beige to warm browns and greys. The color variations are influenced by the presence of different minerals and impurities during the stone's formation. Additionally, travertine often exhibits beautiful veining and patterns, further enhancing its visual appeal.
Travertine is known for its durability and strength, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. It is commonly used in construction and architecture, including flooring, wall cladding, countertops, and facades. Travertine's natural beauty and unique texture also make it a popular choice for decorative elements, such as sculptures, fountains, and, of course, furniture like coffee tables.
When it comes to maintenance, travertine requires regular care to preserve its appearance and integrity. Sealing is often recommended to protect the stone from stains and moisture. Cleaning with mild soap and water is generally sufficient, avoiding harsh chemicals that may damage the stone's surface.
What is the origin of travertine furniture?
The use of travertine in furniture and architecture dates back to ancient times, making it a material with a rich history. Travertine is a type of limestone formed by the precipitation of mineral-rich water in natural springs and caves. Its name is derived from the Italian word "travertino," which is related to the Latin word "tiburtinus," referring to the ancient city of Tibur (modern-day Tivoli) near Rome, Italy.
Travertine has been extensively used in Italy since ancient Roman times, particularly during the Roman Empire. It was quarried from various regions in Italy, including Tivoli, where large deposits of travertine were found. The Romans valued travertine for its beauty, durability, and workability. They used it in the construction of structures such as the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and numerous temples and monuments.
During the Renaissance period in Italy, the appreciation for classical architecture and design led to a revival of travertine's use. It was employed in the construction of palaces, churches, and other grand buildings, often featuring intricate carvings and decorative elements.
In more recent history, the use of travertine in furniture design has become increasingly popular. Designers and artisans have recognized the inherent beauty and versatility of travertine, incorporating it into various pieces of furniture, including coffee tables, dining tables, side tables, and countertops. Travertine furniture blends classic elegance with modern aesthetics, creating timeless and sophisticated pieces that enhance both residential and commercial spaces.
What Style Goes Perfectly With A Travertine Coffee Table
The travertine coffee table embodies classic elegance with its timeless design. Its clean lines and sleek silhouette make it a versatile choice that complements various interior styles, from modern to traditional. What sets this table apart is the natural beauty of travertine, with its unique patterns and variations that add character and depth to any living space. Whether placed in a cozy living room or a formal sitting area, the rectangular travertine coffee table effortlessly enhances the ambiance and provides a sophisticated focal point.
A travertine coffee table is a versatile piece that can complement various interior styles. However, there are a few styles that particularly go well with the natural beauty and elegance of travertine:
Travertine's sleek and clean look lends itself perfectly to contemporary interiors. The neutral color palette of travertine pairs well with modern furniture and minimalist design elements. Choose a travertine coffee table with clean lines and a simple silhouette to enhance the contemporary aesthetic of your space.
Travertine's timeless appeal aligns beautifully with mid-century modern design. Opt for a travertine coffee table with tapered legs and organic shapes to capture the essence of this style. The combination of travertine and warm wood tones creates a harmonious and retro-inspired atmosphere.
Travertine's natural and earthy qualities make it an excellent choice for rustic or transitional interiors. Consider a travertine coffee table with a live edge or rough-hewn edges to enhance the rustic charm. Pair it with cozy furniture, warm textures, and natural elements to create a welcoming and organic ambiance.
The simplicity and elegance of travertine lend themselves perfectly to minimalist design. Choose a travertine coffee table with clean lines, a monochromatic color scheme, and a smooth surface. Keep the surrounding decor simple and uncluttered to create a serene and sophisticated minimalist space.
Given its historical association with Mediterranean architecture, travertine fits naturally in Mediterranean-inspired interiors. Incorporate a travertine coffee table with ornate details, such as carved legs or intricate patterns, to capture the essence of this style. Pair it with warm colors, textured fabrics, and elements reminiscent of the Mediterranean coast.
Ultimately, the versatility of travertine allows it to adapt to a wide range of styles. Whether your space leans towards contemporary, traditional, or eclectic, a well-chosen travertine coffee table can effortlessly elevate the aesthetic and bring a touch of timeless beauty to your living area.
Why choose travertine material?
There are several reasons why choosing travertine as a material for your coffee table can be a great decision:
- Natural Beauty: Travertine is a type of natural stone that boasts inherent beauty. It features unique patterns, subtle variations in color, and a rich texture that adds depth and character to any space. Each piece of travertine is one-of-a-kind, ensuring that your coffee table will have its own distinct and captivating aesthetic.
- Timeless Elegance: Travertine has been used in architecture and design for centuries, making it a timeless choice. Its classic appeal ensures that your travertine coffee table will never go out of style. Whether your interior design preferences lean towards contemporary, traditional, or eclectic, travertine seamlessly blends in, adding an element of sophistication and elegance to your living space.
- Durability: Travertine is a durable and long-lasting material, making it ideal for furniture like coffee tables. It can withstand the daily wear and tear of regular use, making it a practical choice for high-traffic areas. With proper care, a travertine coffee table can maintain its beauty and structural integrity for years to come.
- Versatility: Travertine comes in a variety of colors, ranging from warm beige and creamy ivory to rich browns and greys. This wide range of hues allows you to choose a travertine coffee table that perfectly complements your existing decor or serves as a statement piece. Additionally, travertine can be polished to a smooth and glossy finish or left in its natural, textured state, giving you even more flexibility in achieving your desired aesthetic.
- Easy Maintenance: Travertine is relatively easy to clean and maintain. Regular dusting and wiping with a soft cloth are usually sufficient to keep your coffee table looking pristine. In the event of spills or stains, prompt cleaning with a mild soap and water solution is recommended. Additionally, travertine can be sealed to provide extra protection against stains and moisture, further extending the lifespan of your coffee table.
- Eco-Friendly Choice: If you prioritize environmentally friendly materials, travertine is a sustainable option. As a natural stone, it is sourced from the earth, and extraction methods have improved over time to minimize environmental impact. Travertine's longevity and recyclability also contribute to its eco-friendly credentials.
By choosing travertine as the material for your coffee table, you not only enhance the aesthetic appeal of your living space but also benefit from its durability, versatility, and timeless beauty. It's a choice that combines both style and practicality, ensuring that your coffee table becomes a cherished piece in your home for years to come.
How to style a Travertine coffee table?
Styling a travertine coffee table can be an exciting opportunity to showcase its natural beauty and enhance the overall aesthetic of your living space. Here are some tips to style your travertine coffee table:
- Embrace Simplicity: Let the travertine coffee table take center stage by keeping the styling simple and uncluttered. Avoid overcrowding the table with too many decorative items or accessories. Instead, opt for a few carefully selected pieces that complement the stone's elegance.
- Add a Natural Element: Since travertine is a natural stone, incorporating elements from nature can create a harmonious and cohesive look. Consider placing a small potted plant, a vase with fresh flowers, or a bowl of decorative natural elements like pebbles or seashells on the table. These organic touches can enhance the earthy appeal of travertine.
- Play with Textures: Experiment with different textures to add visual interest and depth to your coffee table. Consider placing a textured tray or a woven basket on the table to hold small items or magazines. You can also incorporate a textured table runner or placemats to add a layer of tactile appeal.
- Display Art or Books: A travertine coffee table can serve as a showcase for art pieces or beautiful coffee table books. Place a carefully curated art book or a small sculpture on the table to create a focal point. This not only adds visual interest but also reflects your personal taste and interests.
- Balance with Contrasting Materials: Mix in contrasting materials to create an interesting juxtaposition. For instance, pair your travertine coffee table with metal accents, such as a brass or iron candle holder, to add a touch of elegance and visual contrast. The combination of different materials can create a dynamic and well-balanced look.
- Layer with Textiles: Soften the look of your travertine coffee table by incorporating textiles. Add a decorative tablecloth or a set of coasters made from fabric or natural materials like linen or jute. These soft textures can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Illuminate with Lighting: Consider adding a table lamp or a set of decorative candles to provide warm and ambient lighting to your coffee table. The soft glow of a lamp or the flickering of candlelight can enhance the beauty of the travertine and create a cozy ambiance in the room.
Remember, the key is to strike a balance between highlighting the natural beauty of the travertine and incorporating tasteful and complementary elements. By carefully selecting and arranging decor items, you can create a stylish and inviting vignette on your travertine coffee table.
Investing in a travertine coffee table offers numerous compelling reasons. Its timeless elegance, versatile design, and durability make it a valuable addition to any living space. The natural beauty of travertine, with its unique patterns and warm color tones, brings a touch of sophistication and visual appeal to your home. Additionally, its ability to complement various interior styles ensures its versatility and ability to seamlessly integrate into your existing decor. With its enduring charm and long-lasting durability, a travertine coffee table is not only a functional piece but also a statement of timeless style and craftsmanship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does travertine always need to be sealed?
If travertine is sealed, it will be more resistant to staining and etching. The polished finish of travertine is pretty stain-proof, but you might need a polishing protector afterward.
Where does travertine come from?
Travertine is derived from the Italian travertino, itself derived from the Latin tiburtinus, meaning 'of Tibur,' now known as Tivoli near Rome, where the travertine has been mined for at least two thousand years. In modern architecture, travertine is one of the most commonly used stones. Generally, it is used for indoor flooring, outdoor patio flooring, spa walls and ceilings, façades, and now furniture.