Donaldina is a coffee lover and freelance writer from Tanzania. Coffee runs deep in her family - tracing its roots to her grandmother’s running of their first coffee farm in the mid-70s. She enjoys spending her time writing and co-running her grandmother's small robusta coffee farm with her sister in northwest Tanzania during the summer seasons.
Can You Grind Coffee Beans In A Vitamix Grinder?
You can grind coffee beans in a Vitamix grinder. The grinder is designed with a special attachment, a dry grains container, which lets you grind coffee beans more efficiently. It only takes 10 to 20 seconds to grind the beans using the attachment effectively.
What is the Vitamix Grinder?
The Vitamix Ascent Blender works perfectly with the separately sold 48-ounceBPA-free Tritan polyester Ascent series Dry Grains Attachment for the perfect coffee grinding function. Thanks to the Vitamix blender’s self-detect technology, the attachment is compatible with any Vitamix Ascent series blender.
The attachments feature a 2-in-1 coffee grinder and stand mix function, letting you grind the coffee, mix batters, and even knead dough using the same attachment. The attachment’s reverse vortex mechanism on the blades prevents the packing of dry ingredients, like coffee.
Plus, unlike a regular coffee grinder, you don’t have to worry about the washing part. After grinding your coffee beans, all you need to do is add warm water and a dash of dish soap to the attachment. Then, run it for 35 seconds to an instantly clean container, thanks to its self-cleaning technology.
On the other hand, the grinder’s strong blade technology prevents overheating even after multiple grinding sessions for a coffee evening with friends. The Vitamix grinder the attachment is placed with comes with up to 5 programmable settings. You can grind your beans and blend your coffee shake from the same machines.
These five settings let you make everything from smoothies to soups, dips, spreads, and even frozen desserts. You can even pair the blender with its smartphone app to unlock over 500 fun recipes. Its modern features, like touchscreen controls, built-in wireless connectivity, and a programmable timer, are enough to order this grinder immediately.
How Can I Use Vitamix Grinder?
The Vitamix grinder comes with a variety of functions. Paired with the dry grains attachment, you can use it for a broader range of recipes. You can use them to heat, chop, grind, blend, and even emulsify. Here are some of the essential functions of the grinder;
- Grinding coffee beans, nuts, spice, and dry rubs
- Grinding grains to make homemade flour
- Mixing batters for pancakes and muffins
- Making dough for pizza, bread, and pastries
- Making hot soups (thanks to the blade friction)
- Making chilled dessert treats like ice creams and sorbets
- Making smoothies and juices
- Making dips, spreads, dressings, sauces, and marinades
- Blending baby food
How To Grind Coffee Beans In A Vitamix
Grinding coffee beans using the Vitamix grinder is easier than a regular coffee grinder. Here’s how to do it;
- Pour roasted beans from its bag to fill up the attachment container
- Set the variable speed to the lowest value, 1, to allow you to control the consistency of the ground coffee and run the grinder
- For coarse ground coffee: increase the speed from 1 to 8 quickly and hold the speed for 10 seconds (ideal for regular coffee and dark roast coffee)
- For fine ground coffee: Extend the time to 20 seconds (perfect for espresso)
- the grinding process is done, and you can proceed to make your coffee